Whilst on the topic of motivation...

Posted in: - 0 comments
...Have some motivational quotes which see me through when times get a little rough or when I'm lacking inspiration to live my life.

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
- Harvey Fierstein

“Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
- Oliver Goldsmith

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford

"If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up."
- J.M. Power

"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground."
- Author Unknown

"One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in."
- Wayne Gretzky

“Fortune favours the brave.”
- Publius Terence

"Every man goes down to his death bearing in his hands only that which he has given away."
- Persian Proverb

“I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure - which is: Try to please everybody.”
- Herbert Bayard Swope

"With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children’s children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God’s grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations."

"Know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy"

“Now, there are some who question the scale of our ambitions - who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans. Their memories are short. For they have forgotten what this country has already done; what free men and women can achieve when imagination is joined to common purpose, and necessity to courage. “
- Barak Obama

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Mahummad Ali

"To unpathed waters, undreamed shores."
- William Shakepeare

"If the wind will not serve, take to the oars."

"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."

"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man be perfected without trials."

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."
- Helen Keller

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Harold R. McAlindon

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy shit! What a ride!"
- Hunter S. Thompson

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
—William Arthur Ward

"What do I fear? I fear stagnation and lack of progress. I fear never reaching my potential and being average. I fear being forgotten... the past... yesterday's news. I fear giving up and being passed by, going softly into that good night. I fear letting those I love down, letting myself down. I fear settling, giving in to the 'that's just the way it is' mindset. I fear dying without leaving my mark. I fear not feeling these fears anymore and just floating along. These fears feed me, they nourish my drive. I love my fear."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 The Misadventurist All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger .

Design by themetraffic. Blogger Template by Anshul | Funny Pictures.