How Could I Forget?!

Posted in: - 0 comments
How could I forget?! Something which affects the career crossroads massively!

The whole reason I started this blog, aside from documenting my transition into adulthood, was to serve as a place to write about the travels which I planned to undertake in the Summer. So I could keep people back home up to date with where I am and what I'm doing.

That was the idea when the plan was to travel down the East Coast of the States or all around Europe for a month on a InterRail ticket, spending 1 or 2 nights in several different countries. Or when I had applied to be a Camp Councilor on Camp America.

How things change? Now that I'm unemployed again, the funding for said trip is decreasing rapidly. Not to mention no one wants to go away, no one wants to do anything or no one has the money for it, so I would be doing it solo. Now, I know it's achievable and I know lots of people do it.  (I actually have a friend who's been in Aus/NZ for the last couple of years solo, just meeting people in Hostels - and in a way I think I'd be okay doing Aus/NZ cos it's a backpacking hotspot.). Whereas America is a different place, there's not as many hostels or backpackers to meet.

I was originally going to meet Dave when he finished his camp at the end of August. HOWEVER, I've now been told that I'll likely be working Freshers again this year or working Brisfest which will see me some money and a good set of skills for my CV, so I'd need to be around from August-October really.

And if I get one of these jobs I've applied for lately, I won't go travelling at all. And I know I'll regret it beyond belief.

So ideally I need to find something to do and somewhere to go in June/July/beginning of August. But where?

I'd like to think I'll have a job by October, but if not then I'll probably upshop and go to Aus/NZ for a couple of months then.  BUT If I go away in the Summer and still don't have a job in October, I won't be able to fund that trip probably. So it's all about risk!

I'm also going to start looking into getting some events work on a working visa abroad somewhere... no idea where to start that though!

Confused!!! :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 The Misadventurist All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger .

Design by themetraffic. Blogger Template by Anshul | Funny Pictures.