Bristol 10k

Posted in: - 0 comments
Just back from the Bristol 10k (6.2m). Turned into a good morning out after a very early start and a morning of feeling very lethargic and not up for it! Was freezing so I wore trousers which I later came to regret as I warmed up!

I came in at around 56 minutes by my watch. We had a timing chip attached to our shoes which activates when you pass the start line and deactivates and records your time as you cross the finish line - so I'll have an accurate time at some point this evening or tomorrow! 

Didn't beat my personal best (currently 52 mins) but pleased with the result for my first time on that particular route. The last road 10k I took part in at an 'official' function such as this was the Sport Relief 10k which I came in at 1h 8mins so have shaved a good few minutes off.

Was also busting my gut for a leak the whole way round and eventually at around the 8k mark, as if it God heard me praying for one, a single unoccupied portaloo with no queues appeared! So was a minute or two in there! 

Lots of freebies after. Well, I say free.. It's probably just goods that my £22 entry fee was spent on! A medal, a t-shirt, sweatband, pen, cereal bar, sports drinks, water, foil blanket, bag and a couple of other bits and bobs. Good haul if you ask me! 


Spending the rest of the day rehydrating and recovering and then it's time to really focus on the bulking up, which means a reduction in the amount of cardio for now as I need to pile on the calories and not burn them off! Sad really, I do enjoy my regular runs - but it's all for the greater good. 


There were hundreds of photographers about, so once I have some official pics I'll post them up... if I don't look like too much of an ass! 


Peace!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 The Misadventurist All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger .

Design by themetraffic. Blogger Template by Anshul | Funny Pictures.